- I'm on the Modern History District review Panel, and we had our Verification day on the 21st of October. Intense day of scrutinizing other schools work, students submissions, and making judgements & recommendations. It is a challenging process, but invaluable PD and learning that takes place. It always helps to understand the State assessment requirements and see how other teachers do it.
- My Year 12's have done tremendously well. I'm so excited and proud of their achievements. More than half of the Year 12's I teach across three subjects have achieved a VHA level (Very High Achievement, essentially 86% and above). Also the second year in a row that one of my students achieved a VHA 8 level (VHA 10 is the highest possible).
- My Business subject folios and tasks were selected to represent the sample for our district at State level. Only the second time in our schools history one of our submissions have been sent to State.
- On Wednesday the 23rd October I moderated my first ever Twitter chat on #histedchat. Another tremendous opportunity to learn and interact with a range of educators from all over Australia. I have been so excited getting involved in twitter chats, and then hosting one to really move along my Twitter journey. I'm very thankful for the opportunity to have moderated the chat, and I'm really looking forward to joining more chats and getting to make contact with even more educators from all over Australia & world.
- Through everything that has been going on I have also proceeded to do 3 different MOOC's through Coursera (previous post). They have gone really well, with 2 wrapping up tomorrow, before I join a new one. All three have been fascinating, and I'll have a full review and reflection on them in the coming weeks.
- Lastly for now, I have decided to enrol in a Masters course. I'm leaning towards doing my Master of History through the University of New England or doing my Master of Education. Hopefully have everything in place to start part-time studying next year. I enjoy learning and developing my knowledge and skills. Doing a Mssters will definetely help me grow as an educator and at the end of the day benefit my students.
That is just an extremely quick recap of some of the things from the past few weeks. Lots to share and reflect on over the coming weeks with my Seniors finishing up on the 15th.