Tuesday 13 August 2013

MOOC's

I have been trying to think these last few days what to blog about next. Last week was a little rough, and over the past few days I have struggled to get any inspiration or direction. I have started looking into MOOC's (Massive Open Online Course). These are courses that accessible online to anyone in the world for free by many major universities around the world. There is no limit to how many courses you can take, types of courses or where you are in the world. They don't award credits for university courses, but they allow you to learn new ideas, concepts and grow.

Below is a quick video explaining the MOOC concept.


Some of the main platforms I have come across are


and edX.


I'm very interested in this concept; how it can benefit my own learning and others. More importantly, can I get my students interested and engaged in this. I have already found a course that I might be doing later this year, Emerging Trends & Technologies in the Virtual K-12 Classroom from the University of California, Irvine through Coursera. I find the prospect exciting that I can learn new skills and develop my understandings of concepts. I will keep you posted on what i decide and please let me know if you have had any experience with MOOC's.

No comments:

Post a Comment