Monday 16 September 2013

MOOC excitement

I'm very excited about the prospect of starting my first Coursera course on Monday the 16th. I'm doing 'A History of the World since 1300' through Princeton over the next 3 months. It will be challenging, but ultimately rewarding. There is no credit for the course, and it is just for my own personal learning and development.


The biggest excitement however is the fact that my Senior Business class have signed up for a 6 week MOOC from Northwestern University doing a course on 'Understanding Media by Understanding Google'. It will be a completely new learning place for them, with a whole new format and expectations. Some of them are very excited about these free courses and are looking at what else they can enroll in over the next few months. They realise the potential benefits of developing their own skills, knowledge, understanding and adding to their resumes'. I'm linking the course back to our curriculum requirements, and making it meet the requirements. But it has sparked their interest and excitement. 

It is an exciting exploration in online learning with MOOC’s and I will be blogging about it over the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment