Thursday 29 August 2013

Why do I blog?

Why do I Blog?

Well, this blog is based on sharing ideas, reflecting on teaching and learning, reflecting on my own practice and improving my teaching. I'm not a great writer, I struggle to really gather ideas and thoughts for writing on most occasions. But, here I am writing, and starting to write more often. I'll admit, the posts won't always be perfect, may contain errors, but it is just honest writing about what I'm thinking and learning. I have been constantly experimenting with the layout and what it looks like. It is a work in progress as I figure out how Blogger works and what suits my style the best. My last post it did something strange with the formating and highlighting text, and I have tried many different ways to fix it, but it will stay as is.

I have been a teacher for about three years now, and it has been over the past two years that I have realised the powerful nature of sharing and reflecting. Since being exposed to Twitter, and the innumerable amount of educators out there, I have been actively engaging in exploring and sharing. One of the big messages was that having a blog really improves your reflective practice and makes you think about what you do in class. Also one of the main driving forces is sharing of information, and being to help others.

I hope my blog will be interesting, that I will be able to share valuable information and encourage greater reflection of my teaching practice. Any comments, suggestions or critique is welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment