Tuesday 17 February 2015

P- Passion #28daysofwriting Day 17

Passion

Image from: http://venspired.com/passion-as-a-catalyst/

I'm passionate about my wife & daughter, my family, my friends, my sporting teams, my learning, reading, PLN, and teaching. Passion is such an essential part of teaching. Passion is a key ingredient in being successful and connecting with students. 

I know the units/topics that I did not have a passion for resulted in some of my worse teaching weeks in my first two years. The students became bored and disengaged, because I did not enjoy the topics. I decided to change my program, inject more exciting and challenging topics. Also looked at different ways to present them and soon I managed to convey passion in teaching them. Now when I have a topic that I do not have a passion for, I can actually still be passionate about the learning process and the connections that the topic can create.

Passion for learning becomes contagious, and students can become passionate about their learning. Know what your students passions are, and they will know you value them. 

Make learning amazing, inspiring and passionate

Finding meaning in what you do and having a passion for it = Happy & Fulfilled life


Bonus: My Twitter Recommendations- Letter P
These educators have been part of my PLN for some time and it is fantastic to be able to connect with them, share ideas, be challenged and learn from one another.

Paul Browning
Pernille Ripp
Phillip Cooke
Phil Shapiro
Phil Taylor
Paul Gibbs
Peter Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment